The Tilt-up Concrete Association (TCA) has announced the recipients of its annual achievement awards program, which honors projects constructed with its namesake site-cast technology.
This year, judges selected 12 overall Excellence in Achievement winners:
- 8 West Centre (Houston, Texas) by D.E. Harvey Builders, Powers Brown Architecture, and Cardno Haynes Whaley;
- Big Ass Fans Headquarters (Lexington, Kentucky) by Gray Construction and Kopf Consulting Group;
- BJC at the Commons (St. Louis, Missouri) by Concrete Strategies and Forum Studio;
- Blender Bottle (Lehi, Utah) by AE URBIA and J.M. Williams and Associates;
- Florida Atlantic University’s 600-bed residence hall (Boca Raton, Florida) by Woodland Construction Company and Johnson Structural Group;
- Kelsey-Seybold Clinic Corporate Offices (Pearland, Texas) by Powers Brown Architecture and Pinnacle Structural Engineers;
- Konterra AJBP 7 (Annapolis Junction, Maryland) by Harvey-Cleary Builders, Southland Concrete, Powers Brown Architecture, and Cardno Haynes Whaley;
- Spectrum (Middleton, Wisconsin) by Newcomb Construction Company;
- Sugar Land Veteran’s Memorial (Sugar Land, Texas) by E.E. Reed Construction, TAS Commercial Concrete Construction, Powers Brown Architecture, Pinnacle Structural Engineers, and Big 4 Erectors;
- Wallis State Bank I (Houston, Texas) by Arch-Con Corporation and Powers Brown Architecture;
- Wesley Theological Seminary (Washington, D.C.) by Vantage Construction Corporation; and
- Westgate Campus (Houston, Texas) by E.E. Reed Construction, TAS Commercial Concrete Construction, Powers Brown Architecture, and Cardno Haynes Whaley.
Additionally, TCA gave the public a chance to select the best via Facebook. Both the aforementioned Big Ass Fans building and Sugar Land Veteran’s Memorial took top spots, along with E.E. Reed’s Black Forest Ventures Jet Center/Galaxy FBO (Conroe, Texas).
For more on the individual projects, visit www.tilt-up.org/awards/tilt/2014/index.php.