Between 1999 and 2009, various school security measures have been implemented:
- controlled access to the building during school hours (moving from 75 to 92 percent in that decade);
- controlled access to school grounds during school hours (34 to 46 percent);
- identification badges for faculty (25 to 63 percent);
- video cameras to monitor school (19 to 61 percent);
- telephones in classrooms (45 to 74 percent);
- student uniforms (12 to 20 percent);
- restricted social networking websites (now 93 percent); and
- restricted cell phone use during school hours (now 91 percent).
To read the full article, click here.