CEMCO HOTROD Type-X is a compressible intumescent firestopping that provides one- and two-hour fire ratings for both dynamic and static joints according to UL 2079, Standard for Tests for Fire Resistance of Building Joint Systems (for both standard walls and shaft walls), and is sound-tested according to ASTM E90, Standard Test Method for Laboratory Measurement of Airborne Sound Transmission Loss of Building Partitions and Elements. HOTROD installs up to four times faster than sealant with no ‘come-back’ work, and is specially designed to seal against uneven concrete for consistent fire, smoke, and sound protection in dynamic assemblies.
CEMCO HOTROD Type-X:
- has a rectangular profile and is easily compressed into the deflection gap between the edge of the drywall and adjoining structure;
- offers failsafe installation, is red in color, and is easily identified by the inspector;
- takes the place of both fire and sound sealant and will not shrink, pull away, or harden over time;
- can be installed by itself or can be covered with tape and joint compound for exposed walls;
- provides one-hour fire protection with 13- x 25-mm (1/2- x 1-in.) profile and two-hour fire ratings with 25- x 25-mm (1- x 1-in.) profile;
- achieves sound transmission class (STC) ratings of 51 (92-mm [3 5/8-in.] unbalanced wall) and 68 (63-mm [2 ½-in.] double wall/double layer); and
- is manufactured in the United States.
For more information, contact CEMCO at www.cemcosteel.com.
All information listed in this section was submitted by CEMCO.
Kenilworth Media Inc. cannot assume responsibility for errors of relevance,
fact or omission. The publisher does not endorse any products featured in this article.