Innovative firestopping solutions for building joints
May 10, 2022
HotRod XL is a fire-rated wall mount deflection bead that provides 1- and 2-hour fire-ratings for both dynamic and static joints for fluted deck and concrete assemblies according to the Underwriters Laboratories (UL) 2079, Tests for Fire Resistance of Building Joint Systems, 5th Edition (for both standard walls and shaft walls) and is sound tested according to ASTM E 90, Standard Test Method for Laboratory Measurement of Airborne Sound Transmission Loss of Building Partitions and Elements. Sound reports available upon request.
- One profile for 1- or 2-hour fire rating, L-rating less than 1 CFM/Ln Ft for ambient and 205 C (400 F).
- Combines HOTROD compressible firestop foam with an easy to finish vinyl drywall accessory, for a one-step application.
- Pink perforated attachment flange (mud leg) that is easily identified by an inspector that this is a UL certified firestopping accessory.
- White vinyl flexible leg conceals compressible firestopping foam and can be painted.
- Installation is not restricted by temperature or humidity.
- Pre-install to the front or back side of drywall, eliminates any post firestop installation work after the drywall is installed.
- Proper installation will provide 13-mm (1/2-in.) compression and 5-mm (3/16-in.) extension without cracking in head-of-wall, bottom-of-wall or wall-to-wall joints.
- Fire spray is not required.
- [Image]: https://www.constructionspecifier.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/01/HOTROD-XL.jpg
- [Image]: https://www.constructionspecifier.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/01/MW-HotRod-XL-Logo.jpg
Source URL: https://www.constructionspecifier.com/innovative-firestopping-solutions-for-building-joints/
Copyright ©2022 Construction Specifier unless otherwise noted.