April 28, 2021
The American Institute of Architects (AIA) recognizes ten projects with its 2021 Architecture Awards celebrating the best contemporary architecture and highlighting the many ways buildings and spaces can improve lives.
A nine-member jury selected submissions demonstrating design achievement, including a sense of place, purpose, history, and environmental sustainability.
This year’s recipients are:
● Fass School and Teachers’ Residences (Fass, Senegal) by Toshiko Mori Architect;
● the Lamplighter School Innovation Lab (Dallas) by Marlon Blackwell Architects;
● Loghaven Artist Residency (Knoxville, Tennessee) by Sanders Pace Architecture;
● Martin’s Lane Winery (Kelowna, British Columbia, Canada) by Olson Kundig;
● Northeastern University Interdisciplinary Science and Engineering Complex (Boston) by Payette;
● the Polygon Gallery (North Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada) by Patkau Architects;
● Salt River Pima-Maricopa Indian Community Justice Center (Scottsdale, Arizona) by Gould Evans;
● Sound Transit University of Washington Station (Seattle) by LMN Architects;
● TWA Hotel (New York) by Beyer Blinder Belle; and
● Walker Art Center Expansion (Minneapolis) by HGA.
Source URL: https://www.constructionspecifier.com/presenting-winners-of-the-aia-2021-architecture-awards/
Copyright ©2021 Construction Specifier unless otherwise noted.