The American Institute of Architects (AIA) is recognizing eight projects with its 2020 Architecture Awards. The awards celebrate the best in contemporary architecture and highlight the many ways buildings and spaces can improve lives.
The nine-member jury selects submissions that demonstrate design achievement, including a sense of place, purpose, history, and environmental sustainability.
This year’s recipients are:
- Calgary Central Library (Calgary, Alberta, Canada) by Snøhetta and Dialog;
- Chhatrapati Shivaji International Airport Terminal 2 (Mumbai, India) by Skidmore, Owings & Merrill;
- Ed Kaplan Family Institute for Innovation and Tech Entrepreneurship (Chicago, Illinois) by John Ronan Architects;
- Floral Court (London, United Kingdom) by Kohn Pedersen Fox Associates;
- Glenstone Museum (Potomac, Maryland) by Thomas Phifer and Partners;
- Jishou Art Museum (Jishou, China) by Atelier FCJZ;
- Minnesota State Capitol Restoration (St. Paul, Minnesota) by HGA; and
- Tivoli Hjørnet (Copenhagen, Denmark) by Pei Cobb Freed & Partners.