The American Institute of Architects (AIA) recently released nine contract documents, including a new owner/consultant agreement and administrative forms for design-build projects.
AIA C103-2015, Standard Form of Agreement Between Owner and Consultant Without a Predefined Scope of Consultant’s Services, establishes expectations between an owner and consultant on a project. The agreement contains basic business terms related to copyrights and licenses, claims and disputes, termination and suspension, and compensation.
Accompanying scope of services exhibits include:
- C201-2015, Standard Form of Consultant’s Services: Land Survey, which establishes the duties and responsibilities of a surveyor who is hired by a consultant by a property owner and allows the parties to select between a boundary, topographic, or American Land Title Association/American Congress of Surveying and Mapping (ALTA/ACSM) survey; and
- C202-2015, Standard Form of a Consultant’s Services: Geotechnical Engineering Services, which establishes the duties and responsibilities of a geotechnical engineer who is hired as a consultant by a property owner, separating the geotechnical engineer’s services into four phases, including explorations and testing, preparation of a geotechnical report, design services, and construction services.
“We are constantly collaborating with industry stakeholders and practitioners to identify growing contract needs,” said AIA’s managing director of contract documents, Kenneth Cobleigh. “Our customers expressed a need for a standard form of agreement owners could use to engage necessary consultants and leverage their expertise, the new C013 document addresses that need. These additions also cap off our design-build family of documents, which are preferred by the industry at large for commercial design-build projects.”
The following six documents are new to the design-build portfolio, AIA’s most popular document series:
- G741-2015, Change Order for a Design-Build Project;
- G742C-2015, Application and Certificate for Payment for a Design-Build Project, Contractor Variation;
- G742S-2015, Application and Certificate for Payment for a Design-Build Project, Subcontractor Variation;
- G743C-2015, Continuation Sheet for a Design-Build Project, Contractor Variation;
- G743S-2015, Continuation Sheet for a Design-Build Project, Subcontractor Variation; and
- G745-2015, Change Directive for a Design-Build Project.
To view the documents, click here.