The Architectural League of New York has announced the 2021 winners of its Emerging Voices awards. The awards spotlight North American individuals and firms with distinct design voices that have the potential to influence the disciplines of architecture, landscape architecture, and urban design.
The jury reviews significant bodies of realized work and considers accomplishments within design and academia. The work of each Emerging Voice represents the best of its kind and addresses larger issues within architecture, landscape, and the built environment.
The 2021 Emerging Voices winners are:
- Pascale Sablan, Beyond the Built Environment (New York City);
- Adib Cúre and Carie Penabad, CÚRE & PENABAD (Miami);
- Chelina Odbert, Kounkuey Design Initiative (Los Angeles and Coachella, California/Nairobi/Stockholm);
- Lori A. Brown (Syracuse, New York);
- Ryan Bollom and DK Osseo-Asare, Low Design Office (Austin, Texas/Tema, Ghana);
- Craig Borum and Jen Maigret, PLY+ (Ann Arbor, Michigan);
- Sara Zewde, Studio Zewde (New York City); and
- José Pablo Ambrosi and Loreta Castro-Reguera, Taller Capital (Mexico City).