The American Institute of Architects (AIA) recognizes ten projects with its 2021 Architecture Awards celebrating the best contemporary architecture and highlighting the many ways buildings and spaces can improve lives.
A nine-member jury selected submissions demonstrating design achievement, including a sense of place, purpose, history, and environmental sustainability.
This year’s recipients are:
● Fass School and Teachers’ Residences (Fass, Senegal) by Toshiko Mori Architect;
● the Lamplighter School Innovation Lab (Dallas) by Marlon Blackwell Architects;
● Loghaven Artist Residency (Knoxville, Tennessee) by Sanders Pace Architecture;
● Martin’s Lane Winery (Kelowna, British Columbia, Canada) by Olson Kundig;
● Northeastern University Interdisciplinary Science and Engineering Complex (Boston) by Payette;
● the Polygon Gallery (North Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada) by Patkau Architects;
● Salt River Pima-Maricopa Indian Community Justice Center (Scottsdale, Arizona) by Gould Evans;
● Sound Transit University of Washington Station (Seattle) by LMN Architects;
● TWA Hotel (New York) by Beyer Blinder Belle; and
● Walker Art Center Expansion (Minneapolis) by HGA.