The American Concrete Institute (ACI) Foundation’s Concrete Research Council (CRC) has opened up its annual request for research proposals.
CRC seeks to advance the industry through the funding of concrete research projects furthering the knowledge and sustainability of concrete materials, construction, and structures. The annual request for proposals (RFP) is open until December 2.
Proposal and funding parameters include:
- topics are encouraged from all areas of concrete research;
- up to $50,000 may be approved per project for direct costs;
- due to a 15 percent research organization overhead cost limit, the ACI Foundation may award up to $7500 in additional funds for indirect costs;
- an ACI technical committee must support the research concept and participate in an advisory role to the principal investigator;
- an individual researcher can serve as the principal investigator or co-principal investigator on only one submitted proposal;
- industry partnering, and project cost sharing are strongly encouraged;
- all proposals must be submitted before the December 2 deadline; and
- principal investigators shall follow the requirements in the published RFP Application Guide.
Selection of awarded projects and notifications to principal investigators occurs after the ACI Spring Concrete Convention and Exposition.