April 23, 2021
The American Institute of Architects (AIA) Committee on the Environment (COTE) is awarding ten design projects with its highest honor, the COTE Top Ten Awards, for their significant achievements in advancing climate action.
For the past 25 years, COTE has bestowed the award annually on ten design projects that have expertly integrated design excellence with cutting-edge performance in ten key areas. The COTE Top Ten projects illustrate the solutions architects provide for the health and welfare of communities and the planet.
To be eligible, project submissions are required to demonstrate alignment with COTE’s rigorous criteria, which include social, economic, and ecological values. The five-member jury evaluates each project submission based on the effectiveness of their holistic design solution and metrics associated with the ten measures.
This year’s COTE Top Ten Awards recipients are:
● Arizona State University’s Hayden Library Reinvention (Tempe, Arizona) by Ayers Saint Gross;
● Civitas (Memphis, Tennessee) by archimania;
● Lafayette College’s Rockwell Integrated Sciences Center (Easton, Pennsylvania) by Payette;
● Market One (Des Moines, Iowa) by Neumann Monson Architects;
● Massachusetts Institute of Technology’s MIT.nano (Cambridge, Massachusetts) by HGA;
● Microsoft Silicon Valley Campus (Mountain View, California) by WRNS Studio;
● Rainier Beach Clinic (Seattle) by Mahlum Architects;
● Ryerson University’s Daphne Cockwell Health Sciences Complex (Toronto, Ontario, Canada) by Perkins&Will;
● the Kendeda Building for Innovative Sustainable Design (Atlanta) by Lord Aeck Sargent in collaboration with the Miller Hull Partnership; and
● the University of Washington’s Life Sciences Building (Seattle) by Perkins&Will.
In addition to the Top Ten Awards, COTE and the Association of Collegiate Schools of Architecture (ACSA) have selected the COTE Top Ten for Students, honoring exceptional student design projects showcasing innovation in sustainability. Click here to see the winning designs.
Source URL: https://www.constructionspecifier.com/aia-honors-exceptional-designs-with-its-cote-top-ten-awards/
Copyright ©2021 Construction Specifier unless otherwise noted.