The American Sports Builders Association (ASBA) recently recognized sports facilities built by its members across the United States for excellence in construction.
The annual awards, which were presented at the technical meeting in Scottsdale, Arizona, were split into different categories, including tennis, running, tracks, sports fields, indoor, and track and field facilities. They were scored based on layout, design, site work, drainage, base construction, surface, amenities, innovation, and overall impression. A list of all winners can be found here.
Within each category, specific facilities were chosen among the winners to represent the best of the best in athletic facility construction. The winners of these honors include:
- California State University (Long Beach, California)—track;
- Norwell High School Athletic Complex (Norwell, Massachusetts)—track and field;
- Bell Recreation Center (Sun City, Arizona)—outdoor tennis;
- James Goldstein Residence (Los Angeles, California)—residential tennis;
- Santa Fe High School Ivan Head Stadium (Santa Fe, New Mexico)—single field;
- Stagg High School (Stockton, California)—multi-field;
- Tuscaloosa Tennis Center (Tuscaloosa, Alabama)—indoor tennis; and
- Carl Maddox Field House at Louisiana State University (Baton Rouge, Louisiana)—indoor track.
Got News? Click here to share your story!
One comment on “Honoring the best in sports facility construction”
Hello! I’ve been reading your blog for some time now and finally got the courage to go ahead and give you a shout out from Austin Texas! Just wanted to mention keep up the excellent work!