The International Code Council selected the new officers and directors for its board during the annual business meeting at the organization’s annual conference in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.
The board is responsible for the code council’s strategic direction, while also acting as the voice of the association’s membership. The newly elected executive committee is:
• President—Cindy Davis, chief building official (CBO). Davis is the deputy director of the Virginia Division of Building and Fire Regulations. She also serves on the board of the National Institute of Building Sciences.
• Vice president—Michael Wich, CBO. Wich is the director of Building Code Administration and the chief building official of the South Central Planning and Development Commission in Houma, Louisiana. He is a former president of the Building Officials Association of Louisiana.
• Secretary/treasurer—Stuart Tom. Tom is the plan check coordinator for the City of Burbank, California. He is a registered engineer in the states of Washington and California, holds a host of professional certifications, and is active in the development of fire and life safety codes and standards at the national and state level.
• Immediate past president–Greg Wheeler, CBO. Wheeler is the chief building official for Thornton, Colorado. He serves on the Colorado State Board of Appeals for School Construction and is a charter member and former president of the Colorado Association of Plumbing and Mechanical Officials.
Additionally, newly elected and re-elected members include:
• Benjamin Breadmore, director at large
• Kris Bridges, MCP, Section E director
• Randy Metz, Section A director
• Jim Sayers, director at large
• David Spencer, director at large
The 2021 International Code Council’s annual event continues with the public comment hearings, an opportunity for all interested parties to participate in the development of the international codes, the most widely used and adopted set of building safety codes in the world.