The Cold-Formed Steel Engineers Institute (CFSEI) revealed winners of its 2021 CFSEI Design Excellence and Creative Detail awards.
The awards recognize projects exemplifying excellence in the structural design of new or renovated structures utilizing cold-formed steel (CFS) products. Entries are judged on design creativity, technical innovation, and overall project excellence in CFS utilization in these categories: Residential/Hospitality, Municipal, and Commercial.
Here are the 2021 CFSEI Design Excellence Award winners.
● First place: raSmith for SOS Children’s Village Roosevelt Community Center (Chicago, Illinois);
● second place: McClure Engineering for the Deacon (Cincinnati, Ohio); and
● third place: McClure Engineering for 100 Kings Highway (St. Louis, Missouri).
● First place: Excel Engineering, Inc. for the David Rubenstein Forum (Chicago, Illinois);
● second place: ADTEK Engineers, Inc. for LaGuardia Airport Central Terminal B Replacement (New York City, New York); and
● third place: ClarkDietrich Engineering Services LLC for Will County Courthouse (Joliet, Illinois).
● First place: the Leffler Group for the Blue Federal Credit Union World Headquarters (Cheyenne, Wyoming);
● second place: ClarkDietrich Engineering Services LLC for Arhaus Furniture (Oak Brook, Illinois); and
● third place: the Leffler Group for UCHealth Steadman Hawkins Clinic (Englewood, Colorado).
Click here to read more about the award-winning CFSEI Design Excellence projects.
CFSEI Creative Detail Awards recognize CFS detail exemplifying creativity or ingenuity to solve a design challenge.
The 2021 CFSEI Creative Detail Awards were presented to:
● first place: ClarkDietrich Engineering Services LLC for Porsche Lincolnwood (Lincolnwood, Illinois);
● second place: ADTEK Engineers, Inc. for LaGuardia Airport (New York City);
● third place: the Leffler Group for Level 23 Aqua Lounge Ceiling (Black Hawk, Colorado); and
● honorable mention: Structural Evolution for Avita Community Partners Behavioral Health Facility (Hall County, Georgia).
Click here to read more about the award-winning CFSEI Creative Detail projects.
“We received more project entries for this year’s awards than for any previous year, and all of them demonstrated the creativity and flexibility [CFS] provides for a wide variety of design challenges,” said Robert Wills, PE, CFSEI managing director. “We congratulate the award winners and encourage engineers, architects, and other design professionals to learn more about these innovative projects to stimulate new ideas for their own projects.”