The American Institute of Architects (AIA) has selected 22 recipients for its Young Architects Award and five recipients for its Associates Award.
The Young Architects Award honors individuals who have demonstrated exceptional leadership and made significant contributions to the architecture profession early in their careers.
This year’s recipients are:
- Kenneth A. Andrews, AIA (Arch11);
- Gabriela Baierle, AIA (Arrowstreet);
- Aaron Bowman, AIA (Liollio Architecture);
- Abigail R. Brown, AIA (Hickok Cole);
- Jeffry Burchard, AIA (Machado and Silvetti Associates);
- Catherine Callaway, AIA (Kirksey Architecture);
- Juliet Chun, AIA (Leers Weinzapfel Associates);
- Kimberly Dowdell, AIA (HOK);
- Jennifer Hardy, AIA (Payette);
- Meredith Hayes Gordon, AIA (HGA Architects and Engineers);
- Damaris Hollingsworth, AIA (Design By Melo);
- Stacey Z. Keller, AIA (Mead & Hunt);
- Brynnemarie Lanciotti, AIA (Stantec);
- Nicholas Lindsley, AIA (Neumann Monson Architects);
- Christopher L. Ludwig, AIA (Kahler Slater);
- Christopher Lujan, AIA (TSK);
- Wayne Mortenson, AIA (Cleveland Neighborhood Progress);
- Amber Sausen, AIA (Alliiance);
- Oswaldo Tapia, AIA (LPA);
- Mattie Lou Ming Thompson, AIA (Atelier Cho Thompson);
- Jesse Turck, AIA (BWBR); and
- JoAnn Hindmarsh Wilcox, AIA (Mahlum).
The Associates Award is given to associate AIA members to recognize outstanding leaders and creative thinkers for significant contributions to their communities and the architecture profession.
The recipients are:
- Tiffany D. Brown, Assoc. AIA (SmithGroup);
- Eduardo Castaneda, Assoc. AIA (CallisonRTKL);
- Stacey Crumbaker, Assoc. AIA (Mahlum);
- Kritika Dhanda, Assoc. AIA (Abby Suckle Architect); and
- Jenine Kotob, Assoc. AIA (Hord Coplan Macht).