The Builders Hardware Manufacturers Association (BHMA) has published the latest revisions to American National Standards Institute (ANSI)/BHMA A156.5, Cylinders and Input Devices for Locks, and ANSI/BHMA A156.30, High Security Cylinders Product. Both of these revisions are approved by ANSI.
“These latest revisions are part of our ongoing role at BHMA—as the standards-bearing organization for builders hardware—to review product standards on a regular basis to continuously improve builders hardware standards,” said Michael Tierney, BHMA standards director. “As new technologies emerge, our product standards must evolve to meet the needs of both the public and of our industry.”
Changes in this edition of ANSI/BHMA A156.5 include:
- clarified 6.6.1 Cylinder Body or Housing Tension Test and an illustration added;
- clarified 6.6.2 Cylinder Body or Housing Torque Test including organizing the failure criteria;
- removed backplates from I/C cylinder drawings in 4.4; and
- editorial improvements throughout, to enhance understanding.
Changes in this edition of ANSI/BHMA A156.30 include:
- added screwdriver manipulation to 6.1.2; and
- editorial improvements throughout, to enhance understanding
Click here to learn more about the full scope for each ANSI/BHMA standard.