Last month, the Decorative Concrete Council (DCC), a specialty council of the American Society of Concrete Contractors (ASCC), announced the winners of its 10th annual Decorative Concrete Awards competition at World of Concrete in Las Vegas.
T.B. Penick & Sons won the Wow! Award, recognizing the best overall project, for the Atlanta Botanical Garden in Georgia’s Storza Woods. The design also received first place honors in the category of Concrete Artistry (under 5000 sf), as well as a second place award in the Cast-in-Place Special Finishes (under 5000 sf) division. T.B. Penick & Sons also received recognition for its Unity Plaza project in San Diego, which won the first place for Concrete Artistry (over 5000 sf) and second place in the Stained Concrete (over 5000 sf) category.
Other first place winners include:
- Polished (over 5000 sf)—Royale Concrete, Heavy Duty Truck Repair Shop (Iowa);
- Polished (under 5000 sf)—Hyde Concrete, 80 M Street Lobby (Washington, D.C.);
- Vertical Application (over 5000 sf)—Largo Concrete, USC Michelson Center for Convergent Business (California);
- Multiple Applications (over 5000 sf)—Trademark Concrete Systems, Wilshire Grand (California);
- Multiple Applications (under 5000 sf)—T.B. Penick & Sons, Ventura Harbor Village (California);
- Stained (over 5000 sf)—Trademark Concrete Systems, Entrada de Santa Barbara (California); and
- Stained (under 5000 sf)—Decorative Concrete Resurfacing, First Presbyterian Church of St. Louis (Missouri).
For a complete list of winners, click here.