KAI Enterprises, a national design firm, has been named the firm of the year as the recipient of the 2021 American Institute of Architects (AIA) Dallas Firm Award.
As part of AIA Dallas’ Honor Awards, the Firm Award is given to the member firm that has best demonstrated outstanding commitment to design, practice, community, and professional endeavors.
“This is a tremendous honor for our design firm. We couldn’t be happier than to be recognized by AIA Dallas for the commitment we have made to building community and improving the lives of Dallas-Fort Worth-area residents through our projects, particularly in the minority communities,” said KAI president Darren L. James, FAIA.
KAI expanded into the DFW region in 1999 and has grown to be a minority-owned design-build firms in the state. It owns a diverse portfolio of experience, in-house multi-discipline professionals, and expertise in an integrated project delivery process. Notable community projects KAI has been a part of include:
- South Dallas Government Center
- Billy Earl Dade Middle School
- J.B. Jackson Transit Center
- Reby Cary Youth Library
- Sam Houston High School
- Dr. Robert L.M. Hillard Health Center
- East Meadows Apartments
- Select Federal Credit Union Headquarters
- Tarrant County Precinct 1 Administration Building
- The Cedars at Carver Park
- The Villas on the Strand
- South Oak Cliff High School