The American Concrete Pavement Association (ACPA) has announced the recipients of the 28th annual Excellence in Concrete Pavements awards, recognizing the quality concrete pavement work of contractors, engineers, and project owners across North America.
A panel of 36 judges evaluated this year’s 78 submissions, honoring 29 outstanding projects with Gold and Silver Awards across 15 different categories.
This year’s Gold Award recipients are:
- Reliever and General Aviation Airports: Reconstruction Project at Northwest Missouri Regional Airport (Ideker and Jviation);
- Commercial Service & Military Airports: Runway/Taxiway Reconstruction at Wayne County Airport, Michigan (Ajax Paving and RS&H);
- Roller Compacted Concrete (Special Application): Brickhaven Ash Unloading Facility, North Carolina (Andale Construction and HDR Engineering);
- Concrete Pavement Restoration (CPR): State Highway 52 CPR Project, Iowa (Wicks Construction and WHKS);
- Municipal Streets and Intersections (largescale): I-49 & Peculiar Way Interchange Improvements, Missouri (Emery Sapp & Sons and George Butler Associates);
- Municipal Streets and Intersections: State Highway 42, Wisconsin (Vinton Construction and REI Engineering);
- County Roads: County Road M-56, Iowa (Cedar Valley Corp. and Dickinson County);
- State Roads: US-56 Reconstruction, Kansas (Koss Construction and Transystems);
- Overlays, Streets, and Roads: Allamakee-B-38-Postville, Iowa (Cedar Valley Corp. and Allamakee County);
- Overlays, Highways: State Highway 13 Resurfacing Project, Colorado (Castle Rock Construction and Colorado DOT–Region 3);
- Urban Arterials and Collectors: State Highway 119 Reconstruction, Colorado (Castle Rock Construction and Colorado DOT–Region 4);
- Divided Highways (Rural): South Lawrence Trafficway (K-10), Kansas (Emery Sapp & Sons and HNTB);
- Divided Highways (Urban): Grand Parkway Project, Texas (Zachry Construction, Odebrecht Construction, Parsons Transportation Group, and The Transtec Group);
- Roller Compacted Concrete (Industrial): Walmart Distribution Center, North Carolina (Morgan Corp. and Kimley-Horn); and
- Industrial Paving: Circle Test Track Reconstruction at GM’s Milford Proving Ground, Michigan (Ajax Paving and PEA).
To view a detailed list of this year’s recipients, including the Silver Award winners, click here.